Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Blog #2: Frusterating

After Mel has been captured and humiliated in front of court, she is locked in a dungeon where she receives unexpected and certainly secret gifts. Such as food and blankets and water. The Marquis of Shavraeth obviously granted Mel these secret gifts and wished that she surrender so she is not killed. (Out of love. I just know it.) Of course Mel escapes and spends the majority of the reading hiding from horseback. It is so obvious that the Marquis loves her! Mel is so stubborn and so ignorant to notice, however, how much effort he gives to keep her from being caught! One time he even looks into her eyes when he and others are searching a building, smiles slightly, but does not say a word to the other searchers. Mel, of course, does not understand his behaviour and thinks it is because the Marquis wishes to finish her off himself. (She has to be wrong. I just know it.) I am getting a little annoyed at how much she analyzes other people's reaction toward her. She believes that every person on the planet has something against her. She believes that there is an undercurrent, secret meanings, to everything people say to her. And it frusterates me that she always wishes to escape when, clearly, the Marquis is helping her! Mel thought, "All right, defeat so far, I thought as I winced and gritted my way through arranging my leg much as it had been on the previous ride. All I have to do is catch him in a single unwary moment... He mounted behind me and we started off, while I indulged myself with the image of grabbing that stick and conking him right across his smiling face." (Another sign of an unspoken love!)

No comments:


My Favorite Books:

Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
Truth about Forever by .....
Tourist Trap by ....
Ophelia

My version of Twilight

My version of Twilight

My Blog List