Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lady-Like

"This isn't fair!" I snapped, realizing with horror that from Cezar's point of view, his action was perfectly logical. "You cannot just take over our funds and expect to decide what we can and can't spend money on. I'm a grown woman, I can deal with this!" ( Knopp 97).
When Jena's father leaves to peruse his business needs, she is left to deal with the accounting on the house and the servants. Jena finds this task quite easy for she has helped her father with it for years. Unfortunately, her father's extended absence worries her cousin, Cezar, who's father has just died and is managing his own estate. Jena is a very outspoken girl; she wants things done her way or the highway, not a very lady-like virtue in this time period. Cezar finds it embarrassing when she picks fights with him when they're around other people (but secretly he's in love with her. I can tell). Cezar also thinks it not lady-like for a young woman to be so involved with the funds of estate so he intervenes. He takes it upon himself to look over Jena and her four sisters, not as a man managing their estate, but as a father. And that aggrivates Jena more than anything.

No comments:


My Favorite Books:

Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
Truth about Forever by .....
Tourist Trap by ....
Ophelia

My version of Twilight

My version of Twilight

My Blog List