Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sarcastic Lust

While reading Crown Duel I got dragged into believing that what happened to Mel could happen to me. Meliara lived my dream; fighting and defending your home while unconsciously falling in love. I, unfortunately, have fallen down that road of believing fictional tales are real many times. Too many times. It happened when I read Twilight, Harry Potter, Blue Bloods, The Truth About Forever, A Great and Terrible Beauty... believe me the list goes on forever. But I can tell you that in believing in these tales, I have found new inspirations for... living my life. In a strange way each time I read a novel, I change. Whilst reading Twilight I talked less and dressed very descretely and, despite what Bella does, I pinned for my Edward to come. At the time I could care less if he was a vampire or not. Well, that got a good laugh out of my friends. But soon enough I moved on to my next obsession; A Great and Terrible Beauty. Gemma, the main character, is my idol and still is! Gemma has bright red hair and vibrant emerald green eyes. I died my hair red, as you witnessed in January, and got green contacts. I wanted so badly to be like Gemma. I began pretending I could stop time and have extraordinary powers. (Yes, I hate to admit, this was in November.) But in reality, I knew I was not any where near being who Bella is or who Gemma is. Those experiences have taught me one thing; I am such a wannabe. I cannot just be myself, I have to copy other people or story book characters. But maybe that is who I am; just a mix of different characters in my life. As long as I am happy and satisfied with the accomplishments I make, I will keep on imitating my story book friends.
I am glad I do not have to deal with sadistic vampires, power-hungry teachers, awkward boyfriends, and something like Voldemort. But I do have other battles...

1 comment:

Teacher: Mrs. Jarrett said...

Thorough responses to outside reading book. Excellent work, Elizabeth. 50/50.


My Favorite Books:

Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
Truth about Forever by .....
Tourist Trap by ....
Ophelia

My version of Twilight

My version of Twilight

My Blog List