Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Lack of A Quote

A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson: (I'm sorry but there simply is not one good quote I can use to sum up the reading I did.)
A Countess Below Stairs is about a young Russian Countess who is forced out of her country because of the Russian Revolution. Anna's father is killed and their maid stole all their fortune. Anna, then, decides to work for an English Earl as a housemaid to earn the money her family needs. While working for Rupert, the young and handsome Earl, Anna begins to fall in love with him, and he her. Rupert is, however, engaged to a most beautiful girl who has an abundance of money. Rupert's bride-to-be soon displays her bitter side, which he can't stand but cannot find it in himself to stop the wedding. Anna falls more in love with him by the hour and he does as well, but can't find a way to be together.

No comments:


My Favorite Books:

Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
Truth about Forever by .....
Tourist Trap by ....
Ophelia

My version of Twilight

My version of Twilight

My Blog List