Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Long Paragraph about Myself.

Even though I spend all of my time dancing and working on homework, I find I am intrigued and inspired the most when I draw and paint. Art acts as my religion, while drawing and painting act as my form of worship, of relaxation. I need a chance to relax once in a while, a chance to reflect and to restart. I need a break from my hectic schedule. Painting and drawing, I feel, serves that very purpose. My notebooks from past years are covered with little doodles and twirly-gigs, my binders labeled with big letters and pictures. I have dozens of diaries at home reserved for sketching and I've even drawn little flowers on m pants. I've recently started to tie-dye shirts and sweatshirts, finding that intriguing and inspiring as well. I've studied my mom's paintings and even some of her friend's works. I've read "How-to" books and traced famous paintings to sharpen my skills. I've also tried to copy the fashions celebrities wear, toning them down a bit, making them less "abstract" and more wearable. But when it comes right down to it, my favorite way of relaxing is picking up a paintbrush, or a pencil, and just marking up that canvas or piece of paper. Therefore, one word to describe myself would be artistic.

6 comments:

Kelly Peterson said...

oh my gosh when i was reading your paragraph i felt like it was professional. you sound so balanced and eased and im so happy for you!! your whole page is so great and i love that you draw cute things on your pants :) i wish i could do that!

hip-hop dancer25 said...

wow that was an amazing paragraph about you.

Anonymous said...

That paragraph was beautifully written. I love art as well but I'm not very good at drawing or painting. Have you been to any good museums? Do you have any favorite pieces?

ALLIE said...

your drawings are amazing! i remember last year in french you were drawing this picture of like someones name and it looked really cool with like flames and stuff! i wish i was good at drawing like you!

Christina said...

This is a long pargraph about your self but well done and so intresting that i want to keep reading more about you and your art and drawings.

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth,

This is Joe from the University of Minnesota. First off, I think it is wonderful that you are so dedicated to your dance and homework, I really hope I have students in the future as dedicated as you. Second, I think it is wonderful that you have found an outlet in drawing and painting. I honestly love drawing and had notebooks filled with doodles much like you do. I wish I had enough money to buy a room to paint in (or money to buy painting supplies, they are expensive!). I hope you never give up your artistic side because you are so right, it gives us a great chance to reflect and restart. For me, I love music. I pick up my guitar and start singing and let all my worries and stresses just float away for a while. I would love to see your art if you ever post it on your space here. Peace out!


My Favorite Books:

Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
Truth about Forever by .....
Tourist Trap by ....
Ophelia

My version of Twilight

My version of Twilight

My Blog List